Saturday, November 5, 2011

Glad That's Over!

Well, I'm home from the hospital!  Tired and sore, and not liking my physical therapy, but time will pass and every day will get better and better.  They tell me 2 weeks are the marker, that after that I will start being glad I did it.  It is very good to be home, and I had superlative care.  They were very careful to note all my allergies.  I ended up not getting much for pain besides Tylenol because even with the anti-nausea meds the narcotics still made me sick.  I could live with the pain.  The anesthesiologist phoned me in pre-op and discussed my allergies.  He told me he would do a spinal and a femoral nerve block.  He must have used more painkiller in the block because my leg has not regained its strength and is in danger of buckling, so I have to wear the immobilizer.  I took it off at home, but I'm very careful-falling would really hurt!

I had THREE allergy wristbands-the admitting nurse said she wasn't taking any chances!

Only thing, I don't think they quite knew how to read the allergy panel report I brought and she listed everything that was on the test, not just the allergens!

It was just fine-I would rather they err on the side of caution.  Well, back to resting.  I have a ton of work ahead of me to get the new knee into shape.  They sent me home with an extension board to keep my leg from freezing bended, and a CPM, or continuous passive motion machine which keeps my knee bending.  And I go to a physical therapist.  Whew!  And I can't drive for a while, so I might as well work on my knee.


  1. So glad you are home. Yup, lots of physio and do do your exercises as you will be able to get back to Maz sooner.

  2. Happy healing -- it's amazing how God has made our bodies to recover, isn't it? It might be a little slow and painful at first, but just keep on doing what they tell you to do and you'll get there -- can you do knee bends and knit at the same time?


I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...