Friday, February 20, 2009

The Wedding Dress I Talked About

I needed to shorten this wedding gown 1". With the border on the lace, the only way I could do it was to take it up at the waistband. Surprisingly, this was one of the simplest wedding dress alterations I've done in a long time. This job came from the one I did last summer. The bride is a cousin of last summer's groom. I had to put a hook and eye in the back, too, so she could bustle it for dancing. Once again, it went smoothly. This isn't right-when is the other shoe going to fall?

I started a sweater for the Princess. It's for her birthday, but since Easter comes before that, she'll get it early. This yarn isn't fancy or high priced. It came from a dollar table at Jo-Ann's.

I started this with cruise ship knitting in mind, but it's going so fast that I downloaded a shawl pattern from Ravelry with the idea of taking that along instead. I could be done before the weekend is over. The sweater pattern is Lion Brand Eyelet Yoke Cardigan. It calls for Cotton-Ease, but this Symphony yarn swatched up just fine. Actually it swatched a bit big, but since the pattern only goes up to a 4, I decided it will work out okay. I added a bit of length, too. Gracie will be five, but she is a tiny five, so she should get some wear out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...