Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Getting There!

The robe/coverup is done. After working on the fabric for a day I finally figured out what the theme of the print is. Women golfers in Hawaii! Sounds like fun to me!

I used the kimono jacket pattern, but added enough length to make it come to my ankles. I made it wider so it would cover more, but adding enough to have it lap over would have changed the lines of the robe too much, so I put button loops with shank buttons instead of having a sash.

Can't see the detail too well, but the lines are very nice, and will work well going to the pool on the ship.

Had these buttons for a while-another bargain (see previous post). I can call it a stash-buster, the fabric was from my stash, too.

Today I should be able to finish the jacket, then I need to cut out the dressy outfit. I'm thinking a dressy small purse, too, but don't know how far I'll get with that. Should be able to do something, but life can get in the way. For instance, I'm carless until Saturday, when the part arrives. Oh yeah, I can't go anywhere, guess I'd better sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...