So I had this shirt I made a few years back-I made it out of a thermal knit cotton print. Every time I washed it, it would get longer and wider. I know I'm chunky, but this thing could have covered the couch!
Yesterday, I was bagging up some clothing to take to a charity when I spotted this shirt. The waffle knit looked like it would be perfect for more mop covers. Back out of the bag and into my sewing room it went. I was able to get three mop heads out of that big top.
I also cut out a cover for this small scrubber thingy I use in my bathroom, because I'm too old and stiff (fat) to scrub behind the toilet with a scrub brush. I made a pattern by tracing around the scrubber, then adding about 2 1/2" to the tracing. I finished just like the mop covers.
I thought it would work pretty well washing the ceiling, and then I wouldn't have to haul the stepstool upstairs. I can tell you're really impressed with my housekeeping skills! Such dedication!
The finished products. I tested one of the mop covers-much less "sticky" than the smooth knits, and Sydney tested the scrubber thingy by dusting the floor.
I think I'll keep the test mop and maybe give the other two as gifts. Or maybe I should put them in my Etsy shop.