Wednesday, March 18, 2009

This One is a Yum!

First, I have to tell you my doctor finally ordered a full panel food allergy test, plus the celiac and gluten sensitivity tests. We just might have some answers-it takes a couple of weeks, so stay tuned for an update. I hear that the gluten tests might come out with a false negative if you haven't had gluten in a while-sure a good thing I had those beignets in New Orleans!

Until then I'm staying gluten-free. With that in mind, here is a recipe for everybody's favorite cookie, chocolate chips. This is a recipe that I had already altered to have less sugar and fat.


Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookes
1 C butter, softened
1 1/4 C brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 C quinoa flour
1 C rice flour
1 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
12 oz chocolate chips

Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir together dry ingredients, mix into butter mixture. Stir in chips. Using a 2 tablespoon scoop, place on greased cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.

These are cakey, soft, delicate cookies. They taste much better than the recipes I've used that have bean flours and the quinoa makes them rise nicely. Sometimes I mix in a tablespoon or so of milled flaxseed.

Makes about 4-5 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...