Monday, February 14, 2011

Of Course They're Really Family


A sweet member of my son's family passed away tonight.  Their four-year-old Pug, Daisy Mae, died after having seizures for the last week or so.  She was surrounded by four weeping children and their very sad parents. 

Millie found Daisy on Craigslist a couple of years ago, and couldn't believe her luck since they have always wanted a Pug.  Plus she was free.  She slid right into place in the family, stealing their hearts and attaching herself firmly to Isaac.  When Isaac would get home from school, she would jump into his lap, lean her back against his chest and purr-at least that's just what it sounded like!  She was his dog. 

Might not ever find out what caused her seizures and death, but there is sure an open spot in the family tonight.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry for your family's loss...really tough for the grandchildren to have to deal with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was as surprised as anybody when I lost our first dog at how deeply I grieved. My deepest sympathy to you and your family on Daisy Mae's unexpected passing!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...