Saturday, January 15, 2011

Two Months and Counting

Knowing that we make frequent trips to Mazatlan, friends have been asking when our next trip is.  I was checking out the timeshare website when my daughter-in-law and I started chatting on Facebook.  Don't ask how I got from the timeshare website to Facebook, but nevertheless...

Wonder if the resort iguana will still be hanging by the pool.

Anyway, she was talking about getting away.  I asked her if she thought it was feasible for her and my son to go with us, and she said, "As long as we go during spring break."  I got on the phone with the timeshare people, and then spent three hours on the Web tracking down plane tickets.  We are set to go and I'm not sure who is more excited-my DIL or me.  I am so excited that at least one of my kids gets to see my "other home!"  I said their four kids might be mad, but we agreed they would get over it!  And when their parents get back with all the stories of the fun they had, they'll be ready to go the next time.

Two months from today we'll be sitting on the beach, watching the sunset.  DIL sent their passport applications yesterday and is now on pins and needles hoping they come back in time.  I have no doubt that they'll get here on time-I bet they take less than 4 weeks.  One nice bonus-usually we have to fly out of Billings because it's always been more expensive to fly from Bozeman.  We both happened to trip over a better price from Bozeman, so we won't have to drive over the day before we leave and come home the day after we get back.  Cheaper and less stressful-we all know flying is stressful enough these days.

A view of our timeshare-nice place, huh!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful and I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time. There's nothing quite like having the vacation "planned" to get you through the long dark nights of winter. We have to get planning our March getaway soon too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY need to figure out a way to think about something else besides our trip between now and March! We are so excited, this is going to be a trip of a lifetime :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having a hard time not thinking about it, too! I love that place so much that my mind is walking the streets already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous...have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...