Friday, March 9, 2012

Hit the Ground Running

 I swear every time we go somewhere, when we get home our lives go insane!  I told you about the funerals, we had grandkids to watch, catching up on chores and now Millie has to have yet another surgery.  She has suffered from atrial fibrillation for quite a while and after her knee surgery it got way worse.  So Monday she and Jim are driving to Salt Lake City for a heart cath procedure.  Testing on Tuesday, procedure on Wednesday, out of the hospital on Thursday, and hopefully home on Friday.  Prayers are solicited for a safe surgery and a complete cure.  This condition was caused by a surgery gone bad ten years ago when she went septic aftewards.  She was in a fib for 2 1/2 weeks during that terrible time.  She squeaked through and survived, but has fought several problems that were caused by the sepsis.  I believe this is surgery number 11 to correct all the problems.

Gracie is going with them so she can see where she was born.  She is all excited, but also wants to be a nursemaid to her mommy.  Chris might go, Isaac is going to the other grandparents and Sam will be with us.  All this on their 20th wedding anniversary!

Oh yeah, and I caught a cold!

Here are a few more pictures from Mazatlan, I'll just think about that lovely place when I get too stressed.

On stilts with a hula hoop.  We met fun stuff like this on the way to the parade.

Tons and tons of confetti.  We paid for a buffet at the Hacienda and there were people on the balconies above us throwing bucketfuls of the stuff.

This year's queen-a very big deal.

Thousands of pretty ladies.



Not sure what this was supposed to mean, but it was neat.

Another gratuitous sunset picture.
The Carnaval parade lasted over three hours.  Was it worth it?  Yes.  Would I do it again?  Yes, but I wouldn't cram myself into that balcony, I would go out on the street with the people.  Although I met a lot of new friends that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...