Got a call from a desperate lady last week. Her daughter bought some drapes but they didn't fit in her new house. She got my name from a local fabric store and called me. I picked them up on my way home and Monday I got to work. The first one was easy. It was a big panel that she wanted split into two, shortened and a rod pocket on the bottom. The second one not so much! Actually the second two. She had two valances the same width, but wanted me to cut some off each end of one and sew those ends to the other valance. It wouldn't have been too bad, but they were pleated and lined, and the hem was scalloped and had cording! So today I tackled them.
After joining and refinishing the pieces I had to press like crazy to make it look professional again.
I don't think I could have gotten a closer fit on the cording without ripping the whole works out and putting in new cording-not really an option. There was a bit of fabric that I had cut off the big curtain, but not enough for cording especially since cording should be cut on the bias.
Next time I hope to show you the chicken table runner. I've been working on it for some time and I'm ready for the owner to take it home. She dropped off some last-minute fabric a few weeks back and I have made her a little surprise. Hope she likes it!