I finally got a chance to whip up a blouse for work. It is so blasted hot in my department that I am trying to gather some lightweight short sleeved tops to wear. I had seen this pattern made by Lisa on Polka Dot Cottage.
I wanted sleeves, though, but I didn't care for any of the sleeves on the pattern. I did some measuring and used the sleeve pattern from this one.
I have altered the t-shirt pattern to suit my fitting needs-it bears little resemblance to the original pattern. It didn't go quite as I hoped, the first sleeve bunched up and I had a big pleat right at the top of the shoulder-grrrrr! Resisting the urge to throw it, I ripped out the serging and redid it, basting the part that had pleated. It went in smoothly the second time, thank goodness! The other sleeve did fine, since I was super careful to watch. The shapes weren't quite compatible but it worked out okay. Now I have another top to wear to work!
This actually looks better on me that it does on Alice, tee hee!