Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I'm Getting Noticed!

In the last two days I have gotten e-mails from two different health websites that have posted links to this blog and my cooking blog.  How flattering!  They want me to post links to their sites, and I will carefully consider it for a few days.

In the meantime, preparations continue for the Mazatlan trip.  Today the suitcases come out.  Since the guest room is full of people, I'll set up a small table in the office for the bags.  I can pack the backpack for "La Vina" right away, but I think some of the spiral notebooks will make it to the big suitcase because it might make the backpack too heavy.

We have a small concern.  My daughter-in-law's mother is panicking over the news reports of violence in Mazatlan.  She is begging them to reconsider their trip, to the point of offering to pay the difference for changing their plane tickets to someplace "safer."  I know things aren't perfect there, but we know the area and know where and where not to go.  We would never put our children in jeopardy, and I think we will have a grand time there and come home safely.  People still go to Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, etc. even though there are VERY unsafe places in those cities that a person should avoid.

The resort is gated with 24 hour guards, and we are never out and about past 10:00, although I have seen some people arrive back at the resort (noisily) in the wee hours safe and sound.  Not for me, but I fall asleep in front of the TV at 8:30-no party girl here!

Prayers for our trip are solicited-from safety, to plane connections, to avoiding the dreaded time-share salespeople.

2 comments:

  1. As you know I have been here for 4 1/2 months and will be here for another 2 weeks. Yes there are incidents of violence but no more than any where else one travels to. Where would be safer? Can you name a city that the Mom would be happy she visited that has had no violence, ever! The big difference here is that it is gang against gang...PERIOD. I have said this before. I am willing to speak with the Mom if you care to email me her tel. number I will call her today and see if I can help reassure her. Let me know what else I can do. I will call your daughter in law also if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have asked my blog readers to respond to the Mazatlan situation....

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...