Saturday, November 27, 2010

She's Home!

In her new one, that is.  She was pretty nervous and just didn't think she would be able to remember so many new things.  The sister from Billings is going to stay with her for a couple of weeks just to get her settled.  The girls got her apartment looking nice and homey with her plants and her recliner, then she started to relax.  I could see a lot of panic in her voice, as she wondered where her stuff was, like her hair curlers and her nightie.  Changing a routine when someone has dementia is really tough and this is her second change.  Hopefully it will be her last and she can live quite a while in her pretty new digs.  (When I told her that she informed me that it didn't matter as she couldn't see it anyway!)  Oh Gram!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...