Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sewing, Some for Me.

Yesterday I finished Gracie's outfit.  I'll wait for her to model it before I put up pictures.  Then I sewed patches on six American Legion Auxiliary vests.  Did my own acupuncture on those-the patches are pretty tough and took a lot of pushing to get the pins through, and of course they would come through unexpectedly and bloodletting occurred!

Then I rooted through my stash and patterns and found this fabric:

Stan's mom gave me this fabric from her stash, actually she gave me her stash, since she couldn't see anymore.  It's a nice flat cotton knit.

Made a cowl top for winter.  It's an oversized pattern-I haven't tried it on yet-hopefully it works.  I've made the pattern before so it should be fine.

I cut down the cowl a bit-it just looked better and I can't stand a lot of fussy stuff around my neck.

This is the pattern-printed in 1995-timeless!
It's still too warm to wear it, so it will hang for a bit.  It's been in the 80's and still so smoky here.  I keep praying for rain, but so far my prayers haven't been answered.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great top! Lots of smoke and haze hear also. Such a dry fall after our wet spring! Mother Nature is in charge!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...