Friday, August 31, 2012

Purse

I made a new one:

It's quite big-I like to have room for everything!  This side has two pleated pockets-one for keys, the other for my phone.

This side has two pockets, too.  The last purse I made, I didn't divide in two-it was one long pocket.  This time I sewed it down almost in half.  Now my Kindle Fire will fit on the outside as well as the inside.  Much happier with this than the long pocket.

There are pockets on both sides, one has three, the other has two.  My Kindle will fit in the larger of these two pockets, too.
 I found the fabric at Jo-Ann's on the clearance table.  It's a Christmas print, but I don't think it really looks like it.  I lined it with some sunflower fabric I've had for over 10 years.  I close it with a button and loop.  The last purse I made I used heavy interfacing throughout, but it just wasn't stable enough, kept collapsing into a lump.  So this one I used lightweight fleece.  And I interfaced the handles, something I didn't do with the other one.  I love the colors and I think I'll love carrying it around.


2 comments:

  1. You are making me shy!!! You are so very very creative! Well done my friend and I so want to see that cute skirt on you in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...