Monday, May 14, 2012

The Week

Didn't mean to ignore the blog for so long.  It just seems things get in the way.  So here's the week in a nutshell:


Thursday it snowed-a lot!  The snowflakes were two inches across!


I sat in the hot tub with a ball cap on, to avoid a pile of snow on my head.  The flakes hit the water with resounding splashes.  Then we went to a funeral-stood at the graveside in the snow to say goodbye to a former classmate of Stan's.  Later that night, in true Montana form, the snow was gone and the sun was out.  Chilly, but we were still able to take in a Little League game.  Stan's sister Norma decided to take the night off from her kitchen remodel and come watch a game.  She was really tickled by the small serious ball players.


Friday was "Muffins for Mom" at Sydney's school.  Since his mom lives too far away, he asked Gramma.  Of course Gramma was pleased, especially since she knew Grace and Sam would be there too.  Grace and Sam didn't know and were pretty surprised.


I always take the grandkids out to coffee for their birthdays.  Things had been so hectic Saturday was the first chance we had to go.  Of course she likes to go to the local food co-op and sit on the balcony.  She has to have "fish salad."  (Tuna on a lettuce salad)


The chokecherries are in full bloom and oh so fragrant!  Too bad we don't get the berries from these trees.  The birds beat us to it-they eat them green!  Our trees are all getting so huge.


Yesterday I went to open the living room drapes and there sat Merlin on the arm of the couch.  Not sure why, but it was cute!


I took his picture, shut the camera off, then went back to finish the drapes, and this is how I found him.  The pictures on this little table don't stand a chance.  It must be a Westie trait to sit up high-both dogs like to do it.


And my log cabin afghan is coming right along.  The rows are getting longer, so I'm having to push myself to keep going.  Stan doesn't know it, but I think this will be his.

I was well remembered on Mother's Day.  I got cards, greetings, and flowers.  Jim and Millie gave me a cute brass hummingbird feeder that lights up at night with a solar powered battery.  Stan and Steve cooked lunch, and Stan made me a yummy gluten-free peach cobbler.

A nice laid back day.

1 comment:

  1. Your log cabin blanket is coming along great -- it does get a bit tedious on the final rounds, doesn't it? But it really is worth it in the end. At least if you are using colorfast yarn. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...