Thursday, September 8, 2011

Plane Troubles

I was sewing yesterday when the daughter-in-law called.  She had the foresight to plug her phone number and e-mail address into the Delta itinerary.  Well, they called her-my number was messed up somehow and I am sure glad she was on the ball!  It seems that Delta has cancelled its 6:20 Sunday morning flight out of Bozeman.  They just moved us to the 9:00 flight but that would make us miss our connection in Salt Lake City by 45 minutes-therefore the dominoes would fall and we would be getting into Mazatlan sometime on Monday.  Not acceptable for several reasons, the biggest being the three youngsters that couldn't take that much layover time, but also that would leave Dave and Laura all by themselves at the resort with the reservations in my name.

First I called Hotwire-why they didn't e-mail the change to me is a mystery-Expedia always e-mails me right away!  The guy on the phone was very nice but he said their "schedule change" people would look into it and get back to me within 24 hours.  It's a good thing I didn't wait and called Delta after checking the flights out of Helena, MT and Butte, MT.  Both towns are about 65 miles from us and it wouldn't be a terrible hardship to drive there.  They both had 6:20 flights with lots of room.  (Butte, MT on a Sunday morning?  Go figure!!!)  It took a lot of effort to get the Delta lady to understand what we needed.  I had to repeat several times that all we needed changed was our departure city-nothing else.  She kept saying that the other flights were booked up-I said "Of course, we are already booked on them!"  She was very nice and was not in India or someplace like that-she was definitely English-speaking.  After about 30 minutes with her consulting her supervisor to be sure it would be OK to switch airports we got it done!  I waited while she e-mailed me the itinerary.  Then I went on the Delta site and corrected my contact information.  Whew!!!

Now the plan is to rent a 12 passenger van Saturday afternoon and pick everybody up by 3:00 AM Sunday morning.  We'll drive to Butte, turn in our van and fly away.  Heck, we can sleep on the plane!!!!

The Delta lady insisted on getting us seats all together on the Butte flight.  I told her as long as we were on the same plane we would all be happy, but she insisted.  Millie says it's probably a good thing, only family would want to sit with Sam!  Of course Gramma would always want to sit with Sam!

Oh, and Hotwire never called back.  Guess it's Expedia from now on!

1 comment:

  1. What a mess to sort out. Looks like someone is watching over you all.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...