Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Got Me Some Peaches!

As I was leaving town yesterday, I noticed a fruit stand at the gas station.  I called Stan and told him.  He went right up and bought a case of Washington peaches.  When he got home with them, he promptly devoured two.  When I got home from work, I made peach cobbler, and today sometime I will probably do some freezer jam.  I used this recipe from my cooking blog.  I pretty much made it the same way, except I used less water since peaches have enough juice, and I used a mixture of sorghum, tapioca and potato starch for the flour.  After he gets the applesauce (from our own tree) going, Stan will process 7 quarts of peaches just for eating this winter.  The cobbler was so good, I had to have some for breakfast!

Just look at that ice cream melting into the sweet peaches!

Just looking at the pictures makes me want to go back for more!


3 comments:

  1. Yummy!!! We just went thru ten pounds but just ate them all~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stan had 7 quarts of peaches canned and cooling by the time I got home from getting more lids. Now it's my turn-freezer jam tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...