Thursday, September 2, 2010

What We did Today

Well, actually we started a few weeks ago, ordering carpet and clearing the "stuff" out of the two extra bedrooms. The carpet finally came in and yesterday we worked like dogs carrying things out to the garage. Then today two nice young men came and put in some very pretty carpet.


We did two rooms-we need to redo the master bedroom and the bathrooms but I think that can wait a bit-costs money and it's a boatload of work! I know in my heart that some of the stuff filling up my stall in the garage won't make it back upstairs. Craigslist here we come!

It's a bit lighter than I anticipated, but it's in the bedrooms and we can get some throw rugs. The carpet came just in time because we are gaining two roommates-our son Steve and his son Sydney. Steve's wife has asked him for a divorce, and Sydney will be living mostly with his dad but some with his mom, too. They'll be here for a couple of months, but they're both a pleasure to be around so it shouldn't be any problem.

In other news, I finished Grandma's socks! I used the self-striping Deborah Norville sock yarn that is a blend of merino wool, nylon and bamboo. It's so warm and soft-she sleeps in socks even though, being an elderly lady, she wears nylons during the day. She'll have some cozy nights.

I own three pairs of US size 2 sock needles, so I knitted these together until I got to the heel gusset. That way I was assured of a stripe match and I got it-I think they are a perfect match! Too bad that will be lost on Gram because of her macular degeneration. She'll still enjoy them. Oh, and did I mention these are part of my ambitious sock Christmas? Got a few more to do-started right out on a blue variegated for a five year old boy.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, those matching stripes are pretty good. Good luck with the Christmas knitting -- you are off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...