Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Weekend


My DIL Kat and I drove to Billings for the Women of Faith conference. A super conference, as usual. After the stressful week I had, this was just the tonic I needed.

This beautiful lady is Mandisa. She is a finalist on American Idol-my understanding is that she will be competing this Wednesday evening, so tune in. What a phenomenal voice! She was really the highlight for me. My very favorite singer is Sandy Patty, but Sandy performed on Friday, and since Kat had an essential job interview, we had to miss her. That's OK, I have a new "Voice" to follow! Mandisa has a tremendous story to tell.

After a stressful week-Millie's surgery; Gracie, Sam and Stan's being sick; and pretty much no sleep, this was a good time to just let down, worship and heal.

The bad thing is I came home sick. I caught Stan's bug, hopefully I don't catch what Gracie and Sam had too. Gracie had the croup-ended up in ER Friday night-and both of them had really goopy eyes. Mexico is breathing down my neck and I really don't want to be sick in paradise.

Ending on a good note-Gracie is fine, didn't have to stay in the hospital, and Millie was released yesterday afternoon. She's sore and not moving very fast, but how great that she went from being on a ventilator on Friday morning to being home on Saturday afternoon!

I apologize for the picture quality-it's hard to get clear ones in a semi-darkened arena, and those doggone performers move around a lot!

Well, back to my recliner. I'm actually hungry so maybe I'm on the mend. I've taken all my herbal remedies that usually work, so here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...