Saturday, March 14, 2009

New WIP

I started this before we left so I would have something to work on on the plane. It's just Red Heart, but it's really a pretty yarn and will wash well. What can I say-I was in Walmart and we were leaving soon, and I was getting desperate because I couldn't decide what to make!

I hate circular needles, but I gritted my teeth and put the project on a circular so the TSA would approve, but at the last minute I chickened out and shoved everything into the side pocket of my checked bag. Didn't matter anyway, since I have to take Dramamine and I slept through every single flight we were on. I only knitted three rows and that was in the hotel in New Orleans.


This is the triangle shawl pattern, "Feathers and Fans" from Ravelry. I love this pattern, this one is for me but I see three shawls for three DILs at Christmas. You can see I've already put it back on straight needles. I don't know how long that will last-I want the thing pretty big, so I may have to knuckle down and get out the circular again. I'm using size 10 1/2 needles (US) and it goes really fast. This pattern has tons of freedom. You can use any yarn and any size needle, just figure out your gauge and how many stitches it would take to make it as wide as you are tall. If I keep it up it might be ready for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...