Thursday, March 19, 2009

Everything??!!!!

Just got a call from my Dr. She has the preliminary results of my allergy tests. The one test that came back OK was the gluten test. However, it seems that I'm allergic to everything else. The list includes but is not limited to:

Corn, wheat, rice, tomatoes, garlic, peas (?), peanuts, and walnuts. She said she's never seen so many positive results on an allergy test in her life!

I'm going to stop by her office and pick up a complete copy of the results. She is going to request a more in-depth test as well-things that might not normally be on an allergy test. She said the reason, of course, that I felt better without gluten was because I was avoiding the allergenic foods. Yup!!

Now just what the heck am I supposed to eat?

Update: Here's the full list of positives: Corn, garlic, peas, orange, peanut, rice, soybean, tomato (my worst allergy), walnuts, and wheat. In addition, she has called and requested that they test the sample for rye and oats,

This is going to take some creativity!

The good news? I am NOT, I repeat NOT allergic to chocolate!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what a long list of allergenic foods! I hope rye and oats will turn out to be ok for you, otherwise you'll be left with few choices in the cereal category ... mind you, barley and spelt are my favorite cereals and I personally could live on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just made some sorghum muffins with cinnamon, cloves and dried cranberries. Fortunately I'm not allergic to eggs or dairy. These muffins are yummy!

    I'll have to try barley and spelt. There's a company near here that manufactures wheat and gluten-free oats, so if I'm clear for oats I'll be all over them. Always did like oats.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...