Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Julie's Dress

Three days before my grand niece Julie's first birthday party, it dawned on me that I hadn't made her a dress yet. Knowing she is a "chubby" I made her a size 2.


I had the fabric and pattern. I had done some sewing for a co-worker and she gave me the choice of money or a pretty large stack of nice fabric and a couple of little-girl patterns. I chose the stash, of course. I had the bit of lace and found ribbon in my massive collection that matches perfectly. The yoke was constructed a bit differently that most I've done and I'm not sure I'll do it this way again. It called for a double fabric on the yoke, but to bind the neck. I think it would look better if the seam was at the neck and the hand stitching was around the inside bottom of the yoke. I could have gotten a much cleaner look in the zipper and neckline areas.


The pattern is Simplicity 7189. It fits her perfectly-I hope that she can wear it for a while.

Here she is with her daddy. Her mommy said she looks like "Anne of Green Gables" in the dress. I think she's just a darn cute baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...