Thursday, July 2, 2009

This Is What Happens When You Don't Pay Attention

I found this nice crisp fabric on the $1.50 table at Walmart. Being the conscientious sewer I am, I serged the ends and prewashed it. I had a bit of trouble when I "zoned out" and looked away:

A big fold of fabric fell over the presser foot and got caught in the needles. I sat and looked at it for a while, and finally decided the quickest and lowest stress way of fixing it was with my big scissors.

I bought four yards so I'll have tons of fabric even with the nice little notch.

Lovely little wad of fabric, eh? I vow to pay much closer attention when at the serger from here on out! It did wash up nicely, though, in spite of the chunk I cut out of it. It'll make a nice cool summer outfit. (Not sure which summer, but hopefully this one)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...