Friday, July 10, 2009

School Sewing

Gracie has a unique problem. She is built straight up and down. Therefore there are no hips to hold up her pants. Combine that with her being so small, and the goofy way they manufacture clothing nowadays and you get a condition known as "plumber's butt." We're constantly nagging her to pull up her pants, but it only last a minute or two and they slide down again.

Grandma to the rescue. I cut out six pairs of basic pants based on the pattern for her birthday outfit. The pants are supposed to be capris but she's so short they went all the way to her ankles. I took advantage of that, and cut them just a bit longer, since I didn't put the ruffle on the bottoms.

Most of them were cut from small pieces in my stash. Shorty only needs about 3/4 yard for a pair.


I did buy two pieces-Grandma gets matching pants out of those two.

Hopefully they'll be done by the end of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...