Monday, October 1, 2012

Bikers for Jesus

The sewing I did today:

 

The neighbor lady just got married.  Her new husband is a retired minister, and now the two of them, both in their 70's, hit the road on their Harley and minister to bikers.  Darling couple, and I'm so happy for her.  She's a longtime friend and has worked way too hard her entire life.  You have to go through the Christian Motorcyclist's Association training to earn these patches.

I barely got the patch on the right in, but I couldn't sew down the one on the left, not even my old workhorse Viking with the low gear would penetrate all the layers.  I got the rest on fine, though.
They spent a week in Sturgis, SD, where they have the big international Harley Davidson convention.  They visited hospitals and ministered to the hurting and injured.  LeRoy said she is a natural-I'm not one bit surprised!

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea such a thing existed, never mind having to study to get the patches. Sounds like your neighbor has an exciting life ahead of her. Talk about changing your path in life. Good for her.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...