Monday, January 23, 2012

Good Hands

I am so very glad I picked the massage therapist I did.  This gal really knows what she is doing, and it isn't prejudice because she's an old friend.  She took my history and filled out the forms.  Then she went to work on my, er, bum muscles, then turned me over and worked on my knee scar.  She showed me pictures and illustrations of healthy tissue and scar tissue and what massage will do to smooth out the tangled scar tissue fibers.  She only got to the one side-that took a whole hour!  We'll be doing two massages this week and next, then we'll see how it goes.  Of course insurance probably won't pay for it-I did have the doctor write prescriptions for massage and for acupuncture in the off chance they do pay-so I'm not sure how many I can afford.  Even 4-6 sessions will really make a difference.

Knee doc actually thought I was doing OK.  He wishes I could bend my knee better but I did get him to admit that there is still time to make it work.  Especially with Stacey working on that scar tissue!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are doing everything you can do. Just keep at it, bit by bit.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...