Thursday, June 16, 2011

Work Clothes

I finally got a chance to whip up a blouse for work.  It is so blasted hot in my department that I am trying to gather some lightweight short sleeved tops to wear.  I had seen this pattern made by Lisa on Polka Dot Cottage.

I wanted sleeves, though, but I didn't care for any of the sleeves on the pattern.  I did some measuring and used the sleeve pattern from this one.

I have altered the t-shirt pattern to suit my fitting needs-it bears little resemblance to the original pattern.  It didn't go quite as I hoped, the first sleeve bunched up and I had a big pleat right at the top of the shoulder-grrrrr!  Resisting the urge to throw it, I ripped out the serging and redid it, basting the part that had pleated.  It went in smoothly the second time, thank goodness!  The other sleeve did fine, since I was super careful to watch.  The shapes weren't quite compatible but it worked out okay.  Now I have another top to wear to work!

This actually looks better on me that it does on Alice, tee hee!

1 comment:

  1. It does look cool and you will be lovely in it. You are so creative, I envy you.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy to hear from you! I do moderate the comments before they post just in case...